Wednesday, February 3, 2010

King Kong

I thought that King Kong was interesting but I would not watch it on my own time. The reason that I actual watched it was because I have never seen a movie from way back and it was neat to see how things are put together and created for one film. There must have been so much time and effort put into the movie to get all the scenes to look realistic. I thought that Kong did not look real at all. I could deffinetly tell he was filmed in clips and it didn’t run through fluently. Not having the movie be totally realistic made it funny to watch. The dinosaurs were really random to me, I am not sure where they came into play but they did. When watching the way Kong grabbed Anne was amazing how they made it look practically real. While in Kong’s hand it definitely didn’t look like clay of any sort. Watching how different parts of the film are shot from angles can be interesting, and there is such a big difference that I see when I watch new movies and compare them. Newer movies have a lot more action to them and that comes a lot with movement of the camera. On King Kong I felt like the camera guy just stood in one play and moved up and down that was it. I thought that the close up of the bar opening for the gate was pretty cool. Anne, to me, didn’t seem very realistic at all when she was acting; she had the same reaction with a lot of her emotions. She seemed to use her eyes a lot to signal how she felt whether she was scared, surprised or in love. King Kong had good sound effects and music to go along with all of the scenes. I could definitely tell when something bad was going to happen or when something good was happening. As the music got louder when Jack left Anne, I new that something was going to happen, then the natives showed up and took her. One part that I thought was funny was when the natives saw everyone from the boat standing there and then didn’t know what to do. Then one of the guys was like don’t go anywhere they already saw us and it was too late. That was a great scene. In all, this movie was okay, definitely not my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Amy I agree with you on I would not watch this version of King Kong on my own time. I thought it was interesting to see how movies were produced and all the extra hard work that are put into the making of films back then. The dinosaurs and the other creatures were very random and didn’t understand the role they played in this movie. The sound effects helped dramatize and create the extra suspense in the movie for the audience.

    ReplyDelete